Odessa Texas Tort Claims Act Attorney | Lawyers that Sue Odessa or Texas
Odessa Texas Tort Claims Act lawyers may pursue cases against state the Texas, the City of Odessa or Ector County, Texas. In order to accomplish this task, they must follow the rules set forth in the Texas Tort Claims Act.
- Sec. 101.021. Governmental Liability.
- Sec. 101.0211. No Liability for Joint Enterprise.
- Sec. 101.0215. Liability of a Municipality.
- Sec. 101.022. Duty Owed: Premise and Special Defects.
- Sec. 101.023. Limitation on Liability on Amount of Liability.
- Sec. 101.024. Exemplary Damages.
- Sec. 101.025. Waiver of Governmental Immunity Permission to Sue.
- Sec. 101.026. Individual's Immunity Preserved.
- Sec. 101.027. Liability Insurance.
- Sec. 101.028. Workers' Compensation Insurance.
- Sec. 101.029. Liability for Certain Conduct of State Prison Inmates.
- Sec. 101.051. School and Junior College Districts Partially Excluded.
- Sec. 101.052. Legislative.
- Sec. 101.053. Judicial.
- Sec. 101.054. State Military Personnel.
- Sec. 101.055. Certain Governmental Functions.
- Sec. 101.056. Discretionary Powers.
- Sec. 101.057. Civil Disobedience and Intentional Torts.
- Sec. 101.058. Landowner's Liability.
- Sec. 101.059. Attractive Nuisances.
- Sec. 101.060. Traffic and Road Control Devices.
- Sec. 101.061. Tort Committed Before January 1, 1970.
- Sec. 101.062. 9-1-1 Emergency Service.
- Sec. 101.063. Members of Public Health District.
- Sec. 101.064. Land Acquired Under Foreclosure of Lien.
- Sec. 101.065. Negligence of Off-Duty Law Enforcement Officers.
- Sec. 101.066. Computer Date Failure.
- Sec. 101.067. Graffiti Removal.
Sec. 12. Liability for negligence.
(a) The City of Odessa shall not be liable to any person for damages caused from streets, ways, crossings, bridges, culverts or sidewalks being out of repair because of negligence of said corporation unless the same shall have remained so for ten days after special notice in writing is given to the mayor and city council.
(b) The City of Odessa shall not be liable to any person for damages sustained in any park, playground or public building belonging to said city or because of any apparatus, furnishings, fixtures or improvements thereon or thereupon situated being defective or out of repair unless the same shall have remained so for ten days after special notice in writing is given to the mayor and city council.
(c) Before the City of Odessa shall be liable for damages for personal injuries of any kind or for injuries to or destruction or damage to property of any kind, the person injured or the owner of the property so injured, damaged or destroyed, or someone in his behalf, shall give the mayor and city council notice in writing of such injury, damage or destruction, duly verified, within sixty days after the same has been sustained, stating in such written notice when, where and how the injury, damage or destruction occurred, the apparent extent thereof, the amount for which the claimant will settle, the street and residence number of the claimant at the time and date claim was presented and the actual residence of such claimant for the six months immediately preceding the occurrence of such injuries, damage or destruction, and the names and addresses of the witnesses upon whom he relies to establish his claim; and a failure to so notify the mayor and city council within the time and manner provided therein shall exonerate, excuse and exempt the city from any liability whatsoever.
(d) Civil process may be served on the city secretary or mayor.
(Char. art. III, sec. 8; Ordinance 97-19, sec. 2, adopted 5/6/97)
State law references–Texas Tort Claims Act, V.T.C.A., Civil Practice and Remedies Code, ch. 101; notice procedures, V.T.C.A., Civil Practice and Remedies Code, sec. 101.101.
City Secretary's office for the City of Odessa
City Secretary - Norma Grimaldo, TRMC
411 W 8th Street
Odessa, TX 79761
- Sec. 101.102. Commencement of Suit.
- Sec. 101.103. Legal Representation.
- Sec. 101.104. Evidence of Insurance Coverage.
- Sec. 101.105. Settlement.
- Sec. 101.106. Election of Remedies.
- Sec. 101.107. Payment and Collection of Judgment.
- Sec. 101.108. Ad Valorem Taxes for Payment of Judgment.
- Sec. 101.109. Payment of Claims against Certain Universities.
Please visit our Federal Tort Claims Act Lawyer page for an understanding of the difference between the state action and the federal action.
Odessa attorneys that sue the City of Odessa, or Ector County or the state of Texas Serve
Clients throughout Western Texas, including Andrews, Barstow, Big Lake, Coahoma, Coyanosa, Crane, Elbow, Forsan, Garden City, Gardendale, Goldsmith, Goldsmith - Penwell, Grandfalls, Greenwood, Imperial, Kermit, Lenorah, Lindsay, McCamey, Mentone, Midkiff, Midland Rural, Monahans, Pecos, Pleasant Farms, Pyote, Rankin, Royalty, Stanton, Sterling City, St. Lawrence, Tarzan, Thorntonville, Toyah, Tubbs Corner, West Odessa, Wickett, Wink and other communities in Ector County.